Going green is easy… LED Retrofitting! We specialize in retrofitting your existing signage with new energy efficient LED lighting.
Why Retrofit From Neon to LED?
- LED Channel Letters will save you money over Neon, due to lower electricity consumption, overall ease of installation and a greater longevity of product.
- LEDs have a lifetime energy saving of up to 40% over neon.
- Neon signs contain mercury which is hazardous to the environment. White, blue, and green, neon signs use an argon/mercury gas mixture and red neon signs use neon gas. Some states have already imposed a ban on the sale of various products that incorporate mercury. This ban includes neon signs and tubes that contain mercury.
- LED Channel Letter installation is less invasive than neon since LEDs use smaller pass-through holes into a building’s structure and LED is much easier to install.
- LED signs are extremely durable and are able to withstand shock and vibration. Neon easily breaks during transportation and installation causing time delays and expensive future repairs.
- LED’s are readily available to purchase and install in minutes, making installation and replacement quick and easy. Each neon unit must be hand crafted for each letter by an experienced neon bender. Costly repairs can keep your sign out of service for weeks.
- Small LED units fit in confined places easier than neon so sign designs are more flexible.
- LED modules stay brighter in cold weather, where mercury neon sign brightness drops dramatically when temperatures reach below 35 degrees.
- New state laws are aimed at reducing energy waste. For example, a new law proposed in California, contains a requirement that electrical energy use in signs must be significantly reduced by 25% to 50%. This will eventually put a complete end to neon lighting, since neon filled tubing does not have the ability to be dimmed. LEDs are dimmable.
- LEDs have a secondary power of 12 volts compared to neon, which has as much as 15,000 volts. 12-volt power is much less prone to fire hazards.